MOTR 1402 - Defensive Driving
This is a review for individuals who wish to update their driving skills.
- The purpose of a CVOR
- How violations affect both a company and drivers CVOR
- The legal requirements for Pre-Trip inspection, Hours of Service, Load Securement, TDG.
- How attitude is the most important element of defensive driving.
- The things that will affect a driver’s attitude.
- Distracted Driving, the dangers and penalties.
- Alcohol, the dangers and penalties.
- Drugs, changing laws, dangers and penalties
- The importance of proper pre-trip inspections
- The four stages of braking
- A trucks stopping distance as compared to other traffic, what to do about it
- How stopping distances vary according to speed and weight
- How different loads change a trucks center of gravity/handling
- The importance of a clean work environment (keep your cab clean)
- How drivers must be ready to adjust their driving habits to compensate for changing weather and road conditions.
- Implementing knowledge and skill, a good attitude is essential
- How fatal motor vehicle collisions happen
- Types of collisions
- Collision avoidance
- Rules of the road, signage, move over law, school buses, lane restrictions
- Emergency situations what to do at an accident scene
- Backing safely and efficiently